Reno Medical Malpractice Lawyer Pursues Recovery When Patients Are Harmed
Experienced law firm helps people hold doctors and hospitals accountable
An injury caused by careless medical treatment violates legal standards and a patient’s trust. When you’ve been harmed by those who are supposed to heal, you need a skilled, aggressive advocate to cut through the complicated medical data in battling adversaries who are reluctant to acknowledge their responsibility. At Matt Dion & Associates LLC in Reno, we have collected millions of dollars for clients in verdicts and settlements arising out of medical malpractice. We help injured clients in Nevada and California obtain the recovery they deserve from negligent medical providers.
Enabling clients to prove each element of Nevada malpractice claims
Proving elements of medical malpractice often requires gathering expert evidence quickly and presenting it effectively. Even in the most complex cases, Matt Dion & Associates LLC knows how to demonstrate:
- Failure to adhere to the standard of care — We have the knowledge and resources to identify the proper procedures for your condition. From there, we will investigate whether they were followed.
- Injury caused by negligence — Insurers and lawyers representing medical professionals often try to blame a victim’s condition on some other circumstance. We, with the assistance of medical experts, can counter those defenses.
- Specific damages arising from the injury — Our firm has nearly 30 years of obtaining substantial recoveries for personal injury, auto accident and other plaintiffs. Whether at a settlement negotiation or in court, we do this by showing every aspect of the harm done and pursuing full and fair compensation for the medical bills from an accident.
If you’re unsure whether your medical condition was caused by a professional’s error, Matt Dion & Associates LLC can help investigate whether a claim exists.
Assisting victims of all types of medical misconduct
At Matt Dion & Associates LLC, we represent victims of all kinds of medical malpractice by aggressively proving negligence in one of these areas:
- Diagnosis mistakes — A failure to recognize a serious medical condition or treating the wrong ailment can trigger serious medical issues. We develop a timeline of each error that occurred and the harm to you that followed.
- Equipment misuse — Devices used by medical personnel get more complex all the time. Unfortunately, effective training does not always follow. If you have been hurt or made ill because medical equipment was misused, we can help pursue a case against all responsible parties.
- Surgical errors — Mistakes on the operating table can cause terrible damage in a split second. Even if you were not awake during surgery, we know how to pinpoint faulty conduct.
- Prescription problems — We can seek compensation on your behalf against doctors and hospitals when you’ve been injured by an inappropriate prescription or dosage.
Injuries sustained through medical treatment are often hard to detect and prove. For any type of alleged harm, Matt Dion & Associates LLC works tirelessly to offer you the best chance at a successful verdict or settlement.
Advising on relevant legal and procedural requirements for negligence suits
Nevada law includes specific requirements for plaintiffs alleging medical malpractice. We can make sure that each legal detail is in order. To avert frivolous claims, an affidavit of merit from a medical expert must accompany the complaint. As in other personal injury actions, medical malpractice lawsuits must be brought within three years of the alleged incident or one year of when the injury was discovered or should have been discovered with reasonable diligence. So if you suspect medical treatment has harmed you, it’s important to seek the assistance of a skilled malpractice attorney as soon as you can.
Contact a Reno medical malpractice law firm for a free initial consultation
Matt Dion & Associates LLC represents Nevada and California clients in medical malpractice cases and other personal injury matters. Our office is located in Reno. Call 775-737-4500 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.